Thursday, August 22, 2013

All Tied Up!

    Alright I'm all tied up and ready to go in the morning!  I'm going to the Puyallup again with my good friend Chris and we are going to slay some pinks, and if we are lucky maybe even get into a king or two!  Everyone keeps preaching about black yarn and black corkys with glitter on them.  While I agree that black is the most visible color in the water, I do not think that it is the most appetizing one for a salmon to look at.      
    It's more about how your gear drifts after the cast, hook size and corky size need to go hand in hand.  You want your hook to be just off the bottom while your lead is bouncing along the bottom, this way you are more likely to put the hook into the salmon's mouth rather than into it's tail.  Also, play with leader length and adjust it to what you like, not to what you see everyone else doing (though you might pay close attention to those few fishermen who are slamming salmon while everyone else stands there and casts.  I keep my leaders under three feet, use a small corky and adjust my weight to the current.  There are so many dimensions to fishing that a lot of people simply don't look into, and that is why they don't catch fish or lose most of them.

-Keep Fishing-

No comments:

Post a Comment